Super-effective home remedies to treat cracked feet. Now say hello to gorgeous, sexy feet and flaunt your latest winter sandal in style!
- Glycerine and rose water mask: Glycerine with its moisturising attributes and rose water being loaded with anti oxidants and with its antiseptic, anti inflammatory properties makes for an excellent remedy to heal cracked heels. So mix together equal portions of glycerine and rose water and apply this mixture at bed time to washed and clean feet. Glycerine can be slightly sticky, so it’s best to cover your feet with socks and leave it overnight. Clean your feet the next morning. Use this remedy twice a week for best results.
- Rice flour scrub: Ex foliating your feet can go a long way in preventing dryness and cracked feet. Mix together 2-3 spoons each of ground rice flour, honey and apple cider vinegar. Now soak your feet in warm water and gently scrub your feet with this concoction to get rid of dead skin from your feet.
- Vaseline and lemon mask: Mix together 1 teaspoonVaseline petroleum jelly and the juice of a lemon. Rub this mixture to your washed heels and other cracked areas of your feet, until your skin absorbs it all. Now cover it up with socks and leave it overnight. Vaseline helps restore moisture and lemon with its mild acidic nature helps dissolve dead and dry skin from your cracked heels.
- Paraffin wax:Paraffin wax proves to be an effective remedy to treat extreme cases of cracked and painful heels. So melt a block of paraffin wax in a boiler and add 2 tablespoon of mustard or coconut oil. Allow it to cool down until it forms a thin layer on top. Now dip your feet in this mixture, bringing them out every now and then and dipping them back again every few seconds, until you have several layers of wax built up on your heels. Cover your feet with plastic and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes. Now remove the plastic and peel off the wax. Paraffin wax is an excellent natural emollient and regular use of it relieves your heels of cracks.
*Diabetic patients should avoid using this remedy.
- Neem and turmeric pack: Now this is a very effective Ayurvedic remedy for soft smooth feet and particularly helpful for bleeding heels. So take a handful of neem leaves and crush them to form a paste. Now add a tbsp of turmeric powder to it and apply this paste to your feet. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and wash with water. Neem and turmeric with their anti fungal and anti bacterial properties does wonders in healing your cracked heels. Turmeric might leave a yellow tint on your feet, but you’ll gradually get rid of it.
- Vegetable Oil: Wash and clean dry your feet, apply a layer of vegetable oil on the cracked parts of your feet. Wear a pair of thick socks and leave overnight.
In the morning, wash off and repeat for a few days to get smooth and healed feet.